Thursday, February 14, 2013

February 14 -- Valentine's Day Part 2

As planned, I went to church early this morning. We arrived just in the nick of time before the 8AM ceremony (Every Thursday, the church conducts hourly mass. So there's one at 7AM, 8AM, and so on). Few weeks ago, I started my 'pilgrimage' in this church and I only got to attend novenas. However, today, I got to experience a 30-minute mass and a 30-minute novena. Not that I'm complaining. Honestly, I prefer this kind of ceremony because I hit two birds with one stone.

During the mass, I can't help but notice how good-looking the officiating priest was. I know it's rude to stare and desire on the priest but if you only got to see how tall he was, how small those Chinese eyes were, how manly his voice was, any girl will fall for him (and maybe some homos, too!). Anyway, as I was praying to God (please, no attacks on my faith), I was a bit laughing because I told Him that He's my date for today. I think God found it irritating that's why I staged a bit of a show of coughing spells there.

We traveled back after the mass, stopped by a McDonald's drive-thru, and went directly to the municipal hall of my town. There, I took my first community tax certificate. Actually, it was my first time seeing and visiting that part of town. Sorry, I just don't belong in that place--I mean, it's far from where I live. Before we head back home, my brother had a detour to a small flower shop in the next town. I didn't have any choice but to wait 'til we reach home.

At home, mom surprised us, telling we have to go the clinic for a check-up (I have cough and cold and my brother has a problem with his... tummy). I didn't have enough time to relax but I sneaked a few minutes to watch parts of Leverage Season 1 Episode 1. In my opinion, that show is good (but as I checked Wikipedia, I learned it got canned already).

At the clinic, we had to wait for at least 30 minutes before we got called. My physician (who was my physician since I was 12) talked to us casually like we're old friends. She prescribed four different medicines and God, that's not healthy for my liver. Oh well, for the sake of my health, I have to be religious in taking those meds.

We headed to the mall afterwards to get my haircut. When we were in the salon, the receptionist told us that the guy who did my hair last year resigned so I had to go back to the other hairstylist. He was accommodating though I found it hard to understand what he's saying since I'm beginning to become deaf (hopefully not!) and he has this accent from another province that I'm not used to listening to. I chose a lighter hair color now since I want to enjoy whatever I can enjoy before I become a professional and become a corporate puppet. I waited for half an hour for the treatment to settle and then, there I was, with a new look. I felt so brand new in that moment. (LOL!) Before going home, mom went to a bakeshop and bought dessert for my godmother who's celebrating her birthday now. My mom didn't know what to buy for her so instead she chose convenience over extravagance.

Finally, I got to stay home and checked my Facebook. This guy I was cyber-stalking for a while accepted my friend request! I don't know why I'm happy writing this (LOL!) but, yeah, it feels good to meet other people. He was friendly, if I must say. I thought he was one of those homophobic guys who blocked people off their social network pages (Yeah, F. U. J--!) but I was wrong. He's funny, he's easy to talk to, and I felt comfortable talking to him in an instant. We talked for over an hour and I was happy I added him.

Now I can say I really don't have to go out on a date tonight. My day was more jam-packed than a motel can ever be.

I didn't need a date. God was enough for me today. But He blessed me and gave me time to spend with this wonderful people. It's a Happy Valentine's Day, for once.
xx

P.S.
I think my heart was hit and got run over, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment